Rate Post Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Rate this post by selecting a number. 1 is the worst and 5 is the best.

(Worst)    1    2    3    4    5     (Best)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Borgeh
Tinkerer
Username: Borgeh

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Posted on Sunday, December 16, 2012 - 04:13 pm:   

Last week I won an auction and bought a Agfa Standard roll film camera. The lens is an Anastigmat Trilinear 4.5/10.5cm.

When I got I found that the focusing mechanism was stuck with the green Agfa grease. I used a hair-dryer and the mechanism came loose. I used white spirit and 555-spray and tried to clean it.

But now I noticed that the shutter is very slow and sometimes is stuck. Often it will not close. It opens but sometimes it malfunctions. When I spray it with solvent 555 the shutter closes fine. Could it also be filled with dirt?

I have now dis-mantled the lenses from the front and in the camera. I have taken the shutter with aperture and focusing mechanism from the camera. But how can I separate them and open the shutter to clean it? It looks like the shutter should be open from the back, the focusing helix. I see three screws. The shutter actuator is mounted on the front of it to the left. Above it on the side is the thread-actuator. There is the three leaf symbol AGC for the shutter company on the front to the right, but no text. Only "Agfa" text on the shutter timing setting arm. I guess there is no way to open the shutter from the front.

Shall I try to pry loose the lens tube with the shutter from the focusing mechanism? I canīt find any fasting screws.

I plan to clean the shutter mechanism when I can open it. I am not sure if I have to change anything. Perhaps some spring? Is there anything else a beginner like me should do?

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration