Rate Post Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Rate this post by selecting a number. 1 is the worst and 5 is the best.

(Worst)    1    2    3    4    5     (Best)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Railcrew
Tinkerer
Username: Railcrew

Post Number: 62

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Posted on Monday, December 31, 2012 - 09:11 pm:   

(streach the spring, I thought that might help) The clutch might be too loose(?) (another theory I read about) film can get bunched up and the film can back up causing slack and the sprocket teeth will slip in the holes but not tear. Only reason I suspect this is, after the unpleasant noise of film slipping and the rewind knob no longer spins and I attempt to rewind the film, I believe it breaks then because when I remove the bottom, the broken half attached to take-up spool is not wrapped entirely around spool (indicating it broke, then rewind knob stops turning, as you wind on praying it will catch, it gets fully wrapped around spool) instead, when I remove the bottom, there is sufficient film still in the pressure plate area and around sprocket with tear near the sprocket area and once there was obvious folded and binding evidence.

I'm a real piece of work aren't I? LOL I need some cheap film to sacrifice and just watch (with bottom plate removed) as I wind on and see exactly what happens.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration