Rate Post Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Rate this post by selecting a number. 1 is the worst and 5 is the best.

(Worst)    1    2    3    4    5     (Best)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Tom_cheshire
Tinkerer
Username: Tom_cheshire

Post Number: 200

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Posted on Saturday, October 10, 2009 - 04:49 pm:   

Well, Glenn, I must congratulate you for noticing this.

There are a few reasons. In no particular order, the first is to further expand on what was mentioned in "Are you a "new member" too?" that there are lots and lots of messages from years ago that were never put into the archives. Yeah, I'm a fussbudget. It is part of a larger concern about all websites having their quirks or lack of upkeep which will lead to mankind's downfall some day considering the heavy reliance on computers and everyone's belief in their unerring accuracy.

Next, I noticed this forum moves slowly when no one makes a new posting. Some of the forums don't get a new posting for days. So, making a new posting keeps things rolling. But, on a completely different tangent, I notice that my postings have an "ego stimulating irritative effect" such that someone simply must reply in order to move their name to the top of the list and blot out mine (no reference to anyone in particular). As someone who studies human behavior for marketing purposes you can't imagine how fascinating this "effect" is.

And, finally, it is just cool when someone jumps right in answering without looking at the original posting date. :-)

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration