Rate Post Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Rate this post by selecting a number. 1 is the worst and 5 is the best.

(Worst)    1    2    3    4    5     (Best)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Jon Goodman

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Posted on Wednesday, June 02, 2004 - 08:42 am:   

Hi, Brian. I'm glad to hear you're interested in learning about camera repair. Fortunately for you (and us all) there are excellent resources like this forum, Rick Oleson's website and others on the internet. Yes, the plunger does have a retaining ring on it...as I recall, the entire shutter release button assembly is more or less a joined unit with the top. I'm now wondering if the self-timer can not release the shutter because of some jam in the release mechanism. The self-timer is generally an escape mechanism that runs through its cycle and either a cam lobe or a short rod activated by a cam lobe pushes down to simulate manual activation of the shutter release. The cam lobe is designed so that it resets itself at the end of its travel...a picture would be helpful here. Imagine climbing to the top of some stairs only to fall to the ground after reaching the top. I will try to take the bottom plate off of mine at home and see if I can see anything that might cause this to hang up. These are actually good cameras, but you don't see them mentioned in repair forums too often, so there is not a deep pool of knowledge about them.

Jon

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration