Rate Post Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Rate this post by selecting a number. 1 is the worst and 5 is the best.

(Worst)    1    2    3    4    5     (Best)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Aziz

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Posted on Sunday, July 18, 2004 - 07:47 am:   

Ive had the exact same problem with my Canon 1000f. And my problem also occured in a hot climate, when i took my camera to india--greasy oil on the shutter blades, just like you. I had to get the blades replaced because they were stuck together and the blades seperated sometimes but not always--about one third of my roll was not exposed. In regards to the earlier response saying that you should never expose your camera to high temperature, i would like to add that high temperatures are often completely unavoidable in underdeveloped countries like mexico and india--your camera, sitting in your room, in the shade, with a desicant packet to remove moisture, will still be exposed to high heat. I reckon that the leaking oil problem is common with this camera model in hot climes.

One solution is to use a toothpick or other device to carefully remove the gooey stuff from the blades, but most people would tell you that this is silly because youre likely to damage the delicate blades. But if youre going to have to get them replaced anyways, why not give it a try? (Although you could half repair the problem, only to have it come back at a bad time, like when youre in a remote place or shooting something important).

Glad to hear other people have had the same issue--hope mine is not recurring!

Aziz

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration