Rate Post Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Rate this post by selecting a number. 1 is the worst and 5 is the best.

(Worst)    1    2    3    4    5     (Best)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Br1078lum
Tinkerer
Username: Br1078lum

Post Number: 572

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Posted on Sunday, June 09, 2013 - 09:08 pm:   

Well, a search here didn't turn up much, nor did a Web search. I did find out what version I have (VR), as it turned up in my search here. From what I've heard from other owners of Taron cameras, they either love them, or hate them, with the majority running towards the latter class. Which explains the paucity of information.

It doesn't look like a well built camera to me, but then that's a good one to start learning camera repair on, as it's no great loss to the photographic world if it winds up in the junk bin.

But you can get a lot of satisfaction out of bringing such a camera back to life. The funny thing about camera repair is, there are so many similarities and parallels that once you learn how one type of lens or shutter is put together and operates, you can put that knowledge to good use on the next camera (the NKS is known as a close copy of the Prontor shutter).

Just know that as you work your way through different cameras, there will be various levels of complexity, hidden screws, and just plain difficult-to-put-back-together parts to vex you. It's all fun though.

PF

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration