Rate Post Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Rate this post by selecting a number. 1 is the worst and 5 is the best.

(Worst)    1    2    3    4    5     (Best)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Subajogu
Tinkerer
Username: Subajogu

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Posted on Monday, June 24, 2013 - 02:44 am:   

Hello, I am a long time resident of Okinawa, who works for the US military. I have recently been bitten by the film photography bug and heard about a couple cameras, the New Pax and the Petri 7, (or at least a version of the Petri 7) that were made in Okinawa during the 1960's. I understand that both are extremely rare but I was able to find a classic camera store in Naha City that had one of each on display. The New Pax had "Made in Okinawa" stamped on the back of it and the Petri 7 had "Made in Ryukyu" engraved on the bottom of the body. Of course, neither camera was for sale. Too bad for me but I'm wondering if anyone in this community knows anything about the New Pax camera or if anyone even has one? This camera has peaked my interest because it was made locally and was sold to US military personnel. Please see the following link for an article in a local newspaper on the "Phantom Camera." Thanks

http://english.ryukyushimpo.jp/2011/06/08/1079/

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration