Rate Post Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Rate this post by selecting a number. 1 is the worst and 5 is the best.

(Worst)    1    2    3    4    5     (Best)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Erin Boyd

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Posted on Tuesday, July 06, 2004 - 02:26 am:   

Hi,
I have a very nice condition Minolta 7s11 (Revue 400 or Vivitar ES are clones from reading the archives)

I have removed the lens plate and front and rear element sets to get access to the shutter and aperture irises from both sides. Quite a straight forward operation.

I have spent a few days pouring liberal amounts of lighter fluid over these blades and working the shutter and aperture ring plus firing the shutter with the lens housing held onto the camera body with a couple of screws, and the top plate and advance lever in place.
I am also mopping up the excess fluid with a fine artists brush to remove the diluted grease from the blades.

The best run so far after leaving the fluid to evaporate for several hours is 250 shutter actuations before the shutter sticks again.

I am getting very tempted to smear some graphite powder to paste form and apply it to both sets of blades, with the fore mentioned artists brush.

Do I just need to exercise some patience and continue along these lines, or is there another area of the lens I should be looking at before taking this drastic step, if so, where? Winfried? Henry? Reiner? or anyone else care to advise?

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration