Rate Post Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Rate this post by selecting a number. 1 is the worst and 5 is the best.

(Worst)    1    2    3    4    5     (Best)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Bruce Barrett

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Posted on Thursday, July 29, 2004 - 11:39 am:   

Thanks Andrew,
I haven't taken apart many cameras so I guess I'm a "novice". I'm really a programer who does a little electronics from time-to-time, not a camera repair guy.
I did find another discussion on this site "Top plate removal Rollei 35S" which covered just one aspect. Your description covers more of the generalities that I needed. Thanks. I'm not looking forward to having parts "spring apart on me".
I suspect the reason this camera is so hard to work on is that they were trying to minimize size. I've taken apart an Apple iBook (clamshell) and things are tight in there too.
I know "Sunny 16" is my friend... more concerned with the more marginal lighting conditions (cloudy shadows, sunset, etc.) I also have a spot meter I can use, though that doubles the size of the package (and small was sort of the idea). I guess I was hoping that a little solder surgery would give me a working meter and small camera. Thanks again for the pointers and recomendations. I still might "go for it", but we'll see, (There's film in there now so not right away.)
--Bruce

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration