Rate Post Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Rate this post by selecting a number. 1 is the worst and 5 is the best.

(Worst)    1    2    3    4    5     (Best)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Fred Bellaich

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Posted on Thursday, September 23, 2004 - 10:46 am:   

Hi everyone

I guess i can help on this Rollei 35 SE meter problem. I had an analog problem with my 35 SE and its meter, and i fixed it. The problem you have is not exactly an electrical problem, but kind of mechanical problem, because the Rollei 35 SE meter is very different from the other Rollei 35. It's the more complicated, but it's not that big, as the other are very simple Gossen meters.

The meter seems to be in good shape as there is few electronics into and because the two leds are lightning, it's mainly working. But when you're measuring out of its range, there's a small double "tongue" (? sorry i'm french, i don't have all the words) which is driven by the asa selector, the aperture wheel and the speeds wheel together (mechanically driven) and when the two "tongues" are touching, the meter lights 2 red led to tell you're out. The problem is that you have to disassemble the top cover fix it, you can't fix it in another way.

To remove top cover, first use a friction tool (sleeve for washing the dishes by exeample) to remove the small wheel with 2 holes protecting the advance lever. Then remove the 3 screws under (careful, they are made of brass or any smooth metal) then pull off the cocking lever. Then pull of the 2 side screws, the the back screw with an appropriate tool, but if you don't have it, begin with you nails (Yes!) because it's very easy to damage, or to damage the top cover, it's just the signature of bad working repairmen ;-) . if you don't succeed, try to put a small drop of degrip oil on this screw and wait one night. Then you have to unscrew the meter battery lever (more easy), and then the reverse film screw and lever near the finder. When it's done, you have to remove the inside lever of reverse film, and you have to know that you must turn it a quarter of turn clockwise from normal position (as if the lever was covering the finder) then pull it off with soft pliers. So the top cover is ready to be removed. Be careful with the gear under the cocking lever, because it can go out very easily, and it locks the spring of the cocking lever. But even if it goes out, it's not a big deal to put it again at the right place.

Then you can see this "out of range" contactor under the meter, very near the shutter trigger. You will be able to see why it is always in contact, and how you will be able to fix it. There could be many reasons, but all are mecanical reasons, because the electronics are simple.

let us know what it is about !

Good luck.

Fred

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration