Rate Post Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Rate this post by selecting a number. 1 is the worst and 5 is the best.

(Worst)    1    2    3    4    5     (Best)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Jackson

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Posted on Friday, July 23, 2004 - 11:24 pm:   

I recently purchased a Mamiya Sekor Deluxe with the f/1.5 lens. It's in great condition cosmetically, but it has a shutter problem (Copal SVE) that needs repair. Here's a picture of the camera.

The symptom is that the shutter release only causes a click in the shutter. The leaves jerk a little, but never open. However, after opening the camera, I have discovered that after the click, I can manually activate the leaves by pressing very lightly inward on their center. This causes the shutter to open, then to close after the prescribed period of time. In this way, I have tested all the shutter speeds, including the slowest (1 sec), and everything except the initial activation seems to be OK. Here's a picture of the camera in its current state of disassembly.

One more thing. Take a close look at the picture above and you'll see a small speck off to the right. That's actually a pin that fell out of the shutter sometime after I removed the cover plate. Here's a closeup of the pin, with a Q-Tip for comparison. I should add that the shutter problem has not changed since the pin fell out. Everything that worked before (like advance, cocking, timer, etc) still work.

I know this is a long shot, but does anyone recognize this pin as a part that might belong in the leaves? If not, does the symptom (pressing on the leaves to activate the sequence) ring any bells?

Thanks for any assistance on this!

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration