Rate Post Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Rate this post by selecting a number. 1 is the worst and 5 is the best.

(Worst)    1    2    3    4    5     (Best)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Michael Linn

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Posted on Monday, October 04, 2004 - 05:42 pm:   

Hi Ron-

I think that you have an entirely mechanical problem here. The diaphragm closing lever is connected to a ratcheted gear which can be slowed down or stopped entirely by gummy lubrication or dirt. I suspect that is your problem. It sounds as if the gear train is acting as a delay timer. Here is a quick fix you can try: remove the bottom plate (two screws) and move aside the battery holder (two screws). You will be able to see the edge of a brass gear. If you now release the camera on "O" you will see it move as the diaphragm lever moves. It may be covered by a thin plastic protector or two which you can pull aside. Try to get three or four drops of ronsonol down into the gear area. Try working the camera several times on "O". You'll quickly know if you are on the right track. If that doesn't work, let us know. If not, I would still suspect this gear train but we are now looking at some major disassembly. But always try the simplest solution first!

Good Luck,

Mike

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration