Rate Post Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Rate this post by selecting a number. 1 is the worst and 5 is the best.

(Worst)    1    2    3    4    5     (Best)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Sergio Sousa

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Posted on Tuesday, November 22, 2005 - 09:19 am:   

Greetings!

I have bought a Minox 35 GL from ebay, and it is a bit faulty... Since I saw similar posts on this Minox Forum and some with some similar problems i decided to post it here, I hope I dont make too much trouble or take too much of your time :)

My Minox has 2 different problems:

1st: Shutter doesnt seem to open at high speeds... Until around 200 it shoots well, after that the small levers that command the shutter work, but it doesnt seem to open (I see no light throught the lens). At lower speeds it works alright..

- I opened the camera, and it is quite clean for a used camera, i shoot the camera around 400 times tonight to see if it was a problem of sticking shutter, but it didnt change much...

2nd problem: Meter needle doesnt work if i dont put the "2x" compensation button on.. Without that button on i dont get light reading neither do i get a battery test. If i put it on, the battery test works alright, and the meter too (with the compensation ofc).

Now to trick all of this: If I shoot the camera with 2x off, i get the shutter to work until around 250 speed. If I have 2X on, I dont get shutter to work higher than 125 or maybe less... Doesnt sound logic, does it?

I have opened the camera, so I am not very afraid of trying things, but was just wondering if you got to any real conclusions on yours, and if you can help me repairing my lovely 35GL ...

Thank you very very much, and sorry for disturbing...

Greetings from Portugal,

Sergio

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration