Rate Post Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Rate this post by selecting a number. 1 is the worst and 5 is the best.

(Worst)    1    2    3    4    5     (Best)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Jon Goodman

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Posted on Wednesday, August 25, 2004 - 05:44 am:   

Hi, Andrew.
Good for you! First thing I'd offer would be a suggestion to get some denatured alcohol at a hardware store. It doesn't cost much, and it will dissolve that old foam much faster and with much more authority than what you're using. Second thing I'd suggest is to not use a 2mm "Craft Foam" product in your camera. The gap between the back door and the camera body was about 1.2mm. That craft foam is a product made from some very cheap components, and imported from China. It does not compress very easily (you can try this by setting it on your desktop and pressing the wide flat side of a ruler into it). This stiffness of the foam will stress your film door, possibly damaging it. And I think none of us would want to ruin such a nice camera by using cheap materials in it, would we? I've had the best luck in these cameras with 1/16" (1.6mm) pure neoprene sponge foam. It provides a great seal, and it is soft enough to compress easily without damaging the hinge or causing the door to bend. If you'd like to see the kit I sell, please go to E-Bay, search using the "Items by Seller" option and type in my ID...Interslice. $6 will get you what you need, and I'll also send you some specialized instructions for the Canonet for free...4 pages with a bunch of pictures. In fact, you will see a picture of the Canonet on the auction page. Good luck!

Jon

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration