Rate Post Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Rate this post by selecting a number. 1 is the worst and 5 is the best.

(Worst)    1    2    3    4    5     (Best)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Stephen faust

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Posted on Thursday, September 23, 2004 - 12:12 pm:   

I am fixing up a QL17 GIII that I recently acquired. I want to clean the film back and replace the seals. Is it easy to remove the back completely in order to do this. I also have another camera with the film back in better condition. If I can swap the doors and replace the seals at the same time, it would be a much nicer camera.

Ideally, I'd love to swap the lenses between the two cameras. Is that also possible without getting deeply involved?
I'm very mechanically inclined, but dealing with lots of small parts, especially if they are prone to spring our or fall off before I get a bearing on where they are located is dangerous for me But if a lens swap is somewhat straight forward, I'm game to try removing the lens on the parts camera first to assess if I want to continue on my good one.

For background, I've already removed the top and bottom case, cleaned the viewfinder, and have adjusted the viewfinder.

Any instructions somewhere on how to swap the back and lens, and what tools might be needed?

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration