Rate Post Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Rate this post by selecting a number. 1 is the worst and 5 is the best.

(Worst)    1    2    3    4    5     (Best)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Jan Dvorak

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Posted on Sunday, November 07, 2004 - 01:47 pm:   

Hello Stuart,

The K1000 still sits among my many 'projects to do after I find out what the hell is wrong with it'....

I don't believe the problem is under the baseplate. The camera is not wound, mirror is not cocked, the wind-lock pawl is free to move. I am assuming the wind lock pawl to be the lever which releases the mirror cocking lever when the camera is fired. I carefully examined what happens under the baseplate on my working KM and cannot figure out what could be wrong with the K1000.

I have removed the top plate to check the wind mechanism - nothing seems to have fallen into the gears. When I compare the 'stand off' of the advance lever between the working KM and the dud K1000, there is no play at all on the K1000, leading me to belive thtat there must me something stuck somewhere. But where??

I don't want to start removing the counter mechanism and the wind gears on top. Looks like that might be beyond my scope of expertise and I do not want to cause any more damage.

I am still eagerly awaiting some hints so that the K1000 can finally disappear from my desk.....

Many thanks,

Jan

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration