Rate Post Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Rate this post by selecting a number. 1 is the worst and 5 is the best.

(Worst)    1    2    3    4    5     (Best)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Winfried

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Posted on Thursday, October 28, 2004 - 12:03 am:   

You got it right - the meter circuit of the Electro35G is NOT adjustable. Maybe you found an electrolytic capacitor named Cx or so in the schematics - that's the way they adjust it. In each Electro35G I opened I found a different value for this capacitor, between 2.2 and 4.7uF, with some odd values in between.

I think you have to set the camera to flash mode and check whether the shutter opens 1/30 sec. If not you should use a different value for Cx.

However, a dried out capacitor will rather loose capacitance, so the shutter speeds should be shorter, resulting in UNDERexposure. In more than 20 years in the electronic business I never encountered an electrolytic capacitor with increased capacitance.

I never encountered a faulty CdS cell in an Electro35G (quite contrary to the Electro35FC, there is hardly one of them with a working CdS cell) but you can try to swap the photoresistor.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration