Rate Post Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Rate this post by selecting a number. 1 is the worst and 5 is the best.

(Worst)    1    2    3    4    5     (Best)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Len Histand

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Posted on Tuesday, November 23, 2004 - 08:17 pm:   

Hi,
Have a K1000 that I bought used about 5 years or so ago. The first thing I did was to check the light meter against all of my other cameras and lightmeters that I know to be correct. I came to the concluusion that the meter read about 1/2 stop low. (ie. it would overexpose by 1/2 stop.).
All was well with the appropriate compensation. Now I check it again and I find it reads two stops low. This camera was not used very much during that time and was stored in a light tight box. The battery is not the problem as I switched new batteries with another accurate K1000 with the same result - a two stop difference.
The question is - what would cause the meter to change? Does the CdS cell age over time? Are there other components in this very basic circuit which can degrade? I have tried turning the ASA knob while watching the needle and all is smooth. I use this camera for BW only and can use a handheld meter, but I am just curious as to what could cause this. Thanks, Len

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration