Rate Post Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Rate this post by selecting a number. 1 is the worst and 5 is the best.

(Worst)    1    2    3    4    5     (Best)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Josh

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Posted on Monday, February 07, 2005 - 11:37 am:   

Just as a follow-up, I've found that I can unlock the mechanism in two ways (both of which require removing the baseplate to access the stuff inside).

The first is to release the film advance lock and wind the film forward. This resets the mechanism, but then I need to wind forward again to cock the shutter. This results in skipping a frame, but at least I don't waste the roll.

The other option involves the lever that runs from the middle of the base to the winder (sorry I don't know the name of it. :-) ). When you wind the film, that lever cocks, and it should normally spring back toward the winder when the shutter fires. Trouble is, it doesn't. But you can pull the lever all the way away from the winder (about 1/16"), let go, and it will spring back into the winder. Sometimes you need to do it a few times before it springs back. The mirror closes, and no film is sacrificed.

Anyways, given this info, is it still likely a capacitor problem? Does it have any relation to the rear shutter curtain closing two-thirds of the way as the front curtain opens?

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration