Rate Post Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Rate this post by selecting a number. 1 is the worst and 5 is the best.

(Worst)    1    2    3    4    5     (Best)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Wayne

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Posted on Wednesday, January 12, 2005 - 06:37 pm:   

Hello there. I've just picked up a Contaflex II in fairly good condition (meter working and accurate, clear lens, shows no signs of having been messed with). However, it's in need of a good cleaning because the shutter and mirror mechanism are sticking. I've done a search in the archive and have found that these aren't the easiest beasts to work on, but I'm happy to give it a go. I've successfully serviced a few synchro-compur shutters in the past (in Rollei TLRs) thanks to Rick Oleson's excellent notes on his website (thanks so much Rick!). In an earlier post Rick mentions that you can remove the shutter by taking out the screw that keeps the diaphragm stop down spring tensioned, and unscrewing the retaining ring on the rear lens element. Is that all that is required to take off the shutter? I want to remove the top plate as well as I imagine this is necessary to get to the mirror and shutter linkages from the film advance/shutter release. Do you just have to remove the film advance and meter knobs to take the top off or is there more to it? The mirror does go up and down, but only goes up after the shutter has released. Any tips from those who've been there before would be appreciated.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration