Rate Post Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Rate this post by selecting a number. 1 is the worst and 5 is the best.

(Worst)    1    2    3    4    5     (Best)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

tom ryan

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Posted on Tuesday, February 01, 2005 - 11:35 am:   

My guess is that it is about the same as my Fujica. Remove the film rewind knob. Open the camera door and slide something between the "jaws of the film holder to keep it from turning. Then simply unscrew the top know counter clock wise(ccw). There is probably a chrome disc under the knob that must also unscrew. I held onto the disc with two pencil erasers and slowly convinced it to unscrew, also ccw. Some people put a piece of rubber on the end of a dowel to generate the friction and try to unscrew it. Next for the wind lever. I was able to unscrew mine with finger pressure alone, also ccw. I have also played around with pliers wrapped over a piece of soft leather. A swatch cut from your wifes favorite leather coat should work well. I think there are some cameras that this comes off clockwise. Best to find that out first. Once it is off, there are a couple of tiny screws that hold the top on as well. Once they are off, that is it. The shutter button and the speed knob come off with the top. Hope this helps. By the way, there is a nightmare waiting for you under that cover.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration