Rate Post Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Rate this post by selecting a number. 1 is the worst and 5 is the best.

(Worst)    1    2    3    4    5     (Best)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Ian Macleod

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Posted on Monday, February 14, 2005 - 08:25 pm:   

I found the problem, but I'm beginning to doubt that I'll be able to fix it. There is a cam shaped contact arm that is supposed to make a connection between the battery and the photocell in the lens. It was all bent up (which is also why I couldn't turn the aperature ring all the way to the f/22 position)and as a result it doesn't make contact with the adjacent terminal.
I've taken the shutter plate off the lens to have a look and have tweaked the arm, but it's hard to know what shape the arm is supposed to be in order to provide a contact at the correct position of the aperature ring. See photo:

http://members.shaw.ca/ianrmac/Images/Olympus/RCShutter.JPG

Of course, lining up the shutter and aperature actuating pins when trying to put the shutter plate back onto the lens is an interesting little exercise all of it's own. Fortunately, I've figure that part out as I've had it apart and together about 10 times.

If someone has any further words of wisdom, that would be great...if not...maybe I'll just have to relegate this camera to the "parts" bin.

Ian

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration