Rate Post Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Rate this post by selecting a number. 1 is the worst and 5 is the best.

(Worst)    1    2    3    4    5     (Best)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Glenn Middleton

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Posted on Friday, September 16, 2005 - 02:40 pm:   

Do you mean a method of removing the 'goo',or what is available as a replacement?For a suitable foam, email Jon Goodman (he has posted in the last two days-just look)as he sells light seal kits.The foam is self adhesive and you will be able to build up layers to fit your application.As long as you purchase the foam you require in multiples of his standard cutting size,I am sure he will supply you with enough to re-foam the PM-6.He very kindly supplied me with long lengths of his adhesive felts.You will just have to work out the thickness and size of the foam you require and then work out how you can build this up from Jon's foam sheets.

To remove the 'goo' you scrape it away with a suitable wooden strip made from a wooden tongue depressor-see your Doctor.the final clean up is then done with lighter fluid/Naphtha.

Not knowing how the foam is arranged in the PM-6,I cannot give you any precise instructions.What I can say is you can easily build up small,intrically shaped foam blocks using Jon Goodman's foams.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration