Rate Post Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Rate this post by selecting a number. 1 is the worst and 5 is the best.

(Worst)    1    2    3    4    5     (Best)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Peter Wallage

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Posted on Monday, May 16, 2005 - 02:12 pm:   

I agree with Henry that this topic is becoming a bit worn out, but I would like to add my two-penn'orth.
My late wife was a freelance photographer, mainly for the motoring magazines, and shot maybe 20-22 rolls of film a week. She had two Canon A1s, each of which became unreliable (mainly with electronic problems) after about a year's use. She then bought a Canon F1 (older type), which went in to a Canon agent for a CLA every two years whether or not it was working perfectly. She never had a problem with the Canon lenses even though they didn't go for a CLA.

For shooting front covers she also had a Hasselblad 500C (bought new, like the F1) which also went for a CLA, together with its shutter/lenses, every two years. In the 10-12 years she had these cameras before she died they never let her down once, used almost every day in all sorts of weathers.

It amazes me that people who would think nothing of paying maybe £60 (or more) twice a year to get their car serviced baulk at spending the same amount every two-three years to keep their their camera reliable.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration