Rate Post Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Rate this post by selecting a number. 1 is the worst and 5 is the best.

(Worst)    1    2    3    4    5     (Best)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Alex

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Posted on Sunday, June 05, 2005 - 03:45 am:   

Thank you for the quick response. I must confess it surprised me too that a Yashica lens should exhibit the same problem. The 50mm Yashinon is fine, but the 200mm Yashinon stuck. This was the first one I filed. I'd notice that gently unscrewing the lens by just a small fraction of a turn was enough to free it up. A 50mm Tessar, 26mm Hoya, and a 29mm Pentacon, all stick, and all are release with varying degrees of slightly unscrewing. The Tessar and Hoya are now filed down and work. On purely visual inspection, the kicker plate looks like it's working OK - snaps out as far as it can (before butting on to the lens mount), and releases to rest position later. The camera itself was an Ebay rescue camera, and other than needing light seals and mirror damper replaced, seemed fine. Obviously I don't mind doing the filing on cheaper lenses, but as you can imagine, I'm more reluctant to have to do this to rather more expensive examples!

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration