Rate Post Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Rate this post by selecting a number. 1 is the worst and 5 is the best.

(Worst)    1    2    3    4    5     (Best)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Glenn Middleton

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Posted on Tuesday, June 07, 2005 - 05:49 pm:   

Dirk,

A simple job no surprises,I was interested to see what was involved.The design is a dirt trap so cleaning is the only answer.

The dial comes off easily.Remove rewind knob by placing screwdriver in shaft slot and turning knob counterclock.Set ASA to a known value ie 400 and compensation to nil.Remove the slotted retainer with suitable tool;needle-nose pliers filed down to fit,cheap screwdriver with filed slot can be used.Lift dial straight up and off.On camera note the little movable lever/tag sticking up,mark its position on camera top.This fits in the small SQUARE hole in underside of dial.Flush clean the dial assembly,only use lighter fluid as dial has plastic parts.

Gently wipe the dirt away from the top of camera.On the one I have(serial 1969614)the area around the pivot on body was full of dirt/grit.Carefully clean.Make sure little tag is in correct position.I think the circular metal piece that protudes from underside of dial was originally greased as it rotates over/against a metal component,so apply smallest amount over those little slots.Make sure ASA is set at the original reference.

Now align nil point with red mark and lower dial onto pivot.Make sure raised tag enters square hole.Use thin piece of card to move tag if required.Push down dial assembly to seat and replace retainer.Check dial rotates properly and replace rewind knob.Check camera functions properly.

Note;make sure that you do not latch the door if you have pushed the rewind shaft completely into the housing to unscrew retainer.Can be difficult to get shaft out to open camera back!

Hope this is of some help if you need it, Glenn.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration