Rate Post Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Rate this post by selecting a number. 1 is the worst and 5 is the best.

(Worst)    1    2    3    4    5     (Best)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Glenn Middleton

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Posted on Friday, June 10, 2005 - 09:05 pm:   

I can honestly say that film,especialy B&W has played such a part in both working and private life that I will never stop using as major format.My son is studying photography and obviously went straight down the digital slr route.The main reason for this is that he is a wizard on the Apple G5 and thus it was more natural for him.However I have just brought him a small M2 outfit for his 21st, because I found that my Leica kit was never available when I wanted it.He has found like I did many years ago that the M2 and a couple of lenses go un-noticed,to the photographer who has to carry the camera and more importantly the people in the street.For me to go digital it must have fullframe sensor,so I can use my Leitz wide angle lenses at true focal length and be a range finder.I do not see this happening in the foreseeable future.

Also I really enjoy modifying/adapting lenses to fit the Zorki 1.So I need my fix of tinkering just as much as the actual photography.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration