Rate Post Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Rate this post by selecting a number. 1 is the worst and 5 is the best.

(Worst)    1    2    3    4    5     (Best)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

MarkE

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Posted on Friday, September 30, 2005 - 09:34 am:   

Well, I have successfully fixed the shutter problem, but now have a film advance problem. Dave Passmore has been very, very helpful with emails directly, but before I start messing with advance springs, cogs, etc., I thought I would pose another question to the group to see if anyone else has had this problem.

Once the film is properly loaded, I can advance the film exactly three times but then it stops; the advance lever can still be cocked and the shutter fires properly, but after the initial three frame advances, the film will not move forward any further. The film appears to be inserted properly in the take up spool and the cogs are grabbing the holes in the film.

Also, another clue is that each time it stopped advancing (after three successes), I could manually move the take up spool one click forward with my fingertip, and the process would start over.....three successes, then nothing. I have the repair manual, but this particular symptom is not addressed in the troubleshooting section.

Dave has suggested that there is a concentric screw that can be adjusted that has to do with the rachet and spring. Before I mess with this, does anyone have any other suggestions?

Again, thanks for all your help and support.
Mark

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration