Rate Post Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Rate this post by selecting a number. 1 is the worst and 5 is the best.

(Worst)    1    2    3    4    5     (Best)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Glenn Middleton

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Posted on Thursday, July 07, 2005 - 05:08 pm:   

Andrew,

Yes on lenses I have come across with that lock screw, the outer barrel then unscrews.However these were not expensive lenses.

Some questions;
The 6 little screws,when hood locked in bayonet are they visible on inside of hood,or does the velvet paper hide them?
If velvet hides them do they in fact screw down onto a split ring or metal strips that locate and hold hood firm when retracted?
Does the 122mm filter screw into the end of the aforementioned barrel or is there another ring screwed onto the end of lens?I have Japanese Travenar 200mm FD fit where barrel similar to yours,locates hood (just push/pull)but you have to unscrew the filter mount after removing name ring to get outer barrel off.On first glance it appears that barrel should just screw off!

Sorry I cannot be of any useful help.My fountain of Nikon knowledge is a self confessed wideangle nut.He says he needs medication to use a 135mm,so your 200mm is completely alien!!

Glenn

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration