Rate Post Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Rate this post by selecting a number. 1 is the worst and 5 is the best.

(Worst)    1    2    3    4    5     (Best)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

wayne

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Posted on Monday, July 25, 2005 - 07:49 pm:   

Hi Enzio, thanks for your reply.

I checked the CDS cell using a multimeter and it seemed OK according to the resistance ranges I've seen mentioned in the archives. However I found that a local electronics chain store here in Australia ("Dick Smith Electronics") stocks a CDS cell (part # Z-4801) that is exactly the same size and shape as the Hi-matic part. It was only $2.50 so I bought one to try. Unfortunately it didn't make any difference to the readings.

So it looks like my problem lies in the galvanometer. I adjusted the linearity using the variable resistor at the back and the error is now about 4 stops or less. The resistance I've measured across the galvanometer is about 3.2kohm. In previous posts Winfried suggests that 0.5 - 2kohms is the normal range for camera galvanometers, so I wonder if mine is has too much resistance and this is causing the problem. I'm not much of an electronics person, so any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Previous posts suggest that the absolute reading of galvanometers in some cameras such as the Canonet can be adjusted by loosening a screw and turning the meter. I can't see any provision for this in the Hi-matic - the only adjustment screw I can see looks to be for the bearings in the meter. Does anybody else know of any adjustments that are possible?

Cheers, Wayne

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration