Rate Post Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Rate this post by selecting a number. 1 is the worst and 5 is the best.

(Worst)    1    2    3    4    5     (Best)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Wayne

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Posted on Tuesday, July 26, 2005 - 06:30 pm:   

Thanks for that Winfried. Your contributions are always appreciated.

I've now found something that seems to adjust the absolute readings in the galvanometer. At the 'front' of the meter (the end where the indicator needle is attached) there's a forked lever which is soldered to the end of the spiral spring. The lever was glued in position at the factory, but I've removed the glue and moved it to change the meter readings. I wonder if this is the same effect as turning the whole meter in cameras such as the canonets?

Moving the lever to loosen the spring produces lower readings and tensioning the spring increases the readings. A small movement makes a big difference. By moving this lever to increase the readings and adjusting the resistor at the 'back' of the meter I've managed to achieve readings that are just about correct (and linear). I just need to do a little more fine tuning to get it spot on.

I realise that I haven't found the original cause of the low readings, and that this adjustment is just a way around it, but if it stays accurate then I'm happy.

Cheers
Wayne

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration