Rate Post Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Rate this post by selecting a number. 1 is the worst and 5 is the best.

(Worst)    1    2    3    4    5     (Best)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Glenn Middleton

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Posted on Tuesday, August 02, 2005 - 12:41 pm:   

Does the 111a have separate film rail and pressure plate rail dimensions? I have just measured mine and get 28.80mm with or without film.In all my reference literature the Leica screw M39x26tpi has a register of 28.80mm,there is no reference to a pressure plate rail dimension.

You can get in quite a mess when setting up the Leica M series if you do not use the correct measurement reference point.In the M series the film and pressure plate rails do have different dimensions.

Whilst on the subject of LTM registers I wonder if anybody can answer this query.
I have made a number of adapters to mount M42 lenses on various M39 Leica and Zorki/FED specials.All my adapters have a stand off of 16.66mm-M42 register is 45.46mm,M39 register is 28.80mm; therefore 45.46-28.80=16.66mm.The adapter has to increase the register of the camera by 16.66mm to allow the M42 lens to focus to infinity.I mount 24mm and shorter wide-angles on the adapters and the focus is spot on for all the lenses thus so-far mounted, wide angle lenses are more dependant on correct dimensions than longer lenses.

All the Leica screw to M42 adapters coming out of China and the Far East have a 'Stand off' measurement of 16.00mm.Anybody know why? One advert states that the adapter allows the mounting of M42 lenses on the M series, via the Leica screw to bayonet adapter.Not having a Leica screw to bayonet adapter I cannot check if this combination of adapters gives the correct M42 register.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration