Rate Post Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Rate this post by selecting a number. 1 is the worst and 5 is the best.

(Worst)    1    2    3    4    5     (Best)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Gary

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Posted on Friday, August 05, 2005 - 10:31 pm:   

The broken battery door syndrome is one of Canon AE series significant weak points. Why they designed a battery dependent camera lacking a durable battery cover is just odd. I have tinkered with several AE parts cameras. The little hinge pin can be gripped and forced up and out with a thin plier and some bending but it's not easy. As I recall it's a little easier with the leatherette removed and the front lens frame plate removed. I thought maybe there would be a way to use some velcro or fabricate a metal spring clip on the door which would snap on to the battery. I guess I ran out of easy 'Gerry-rigged' fix ideas and just gave up. That brittle plastic door latch mechanism seems to break all too easy. Canon should have used a better system for sure and in fact they finally did on the later much less sophisticated AV. I guess the pro repairers can replace that door with a new one but that probably won't be an inexpensive solution. Anyone else have a good suggestion?

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration