Rate Post Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Rate this post by selecting a number. 1 is the worst and 5 is the best.

(Worst)    1    2    3    4    5     (Best)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Roland Schregle

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Posted on Thursday, August 25, 2005 - 10:32 am:   

Well, I've been looking round for replacements and I'm having a *very* hard time.

Reichelt's catalog simply lists three LDR types without any specs whatsoever, and the guy on the phone couldn't tell me more.

RS Components lists a bare CdS without the metal/glass packaging which doesn't come close to the response of the original cell.

The only cell I've found so far that comes close in packaging (TO-46) and response is the VT200 series (particularly the VT20N2) made by Perkin Elmer. I have no idea if these are CdS cells, as Perkin Elmer simply refers to the material as 'type 0' or 'type 3'. Farnell has these cells in their catalog, but doesn't sell to consumers, as I found out much to my chagrin. Anyone know where I might get these components?

I noticed another thread in which Winfried mentions a replacement cell he got from Conrad Electronic. This might be a viable replacement, although its packaging is somewhat larger (TO-18). (Btw Winfried, according to the data sheet this cell *is* manufactured by Heimann).

--Roland

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration