Rate Post Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Rate this post by selecting a number. 1 is the worst and 5 is the best.

(Worst)    1    2    3    4    5     (Best)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Judith Wallerius

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Posted on Monday, August 08, 2005 - 03:47 pm:   

While on vacation the shutter of my A1 opened but then failed to close again. I tried twisting the time-dial, the shutter remained open. It closed only when I turned the camera off. The next frame, same thing happened. After that, the camera seemed to think I had set it on 1/1000 and blinked that number in the viewfinder although at that time it was set on "P". I was able to use it by setting both time and aperture manually for a few frames, than the not-closing thing happened again.
Weird thing is, when I was finished with that film and had tried it empty for a couple of shots it seemed to be working fine, and with the last two films there didn't seem to be a problem as well, which would rule out any problems due to a faulty battery or anything like that. I considered having it checked at a repair-store, but that's so expensive in work-hours it would probably exceed the camera's worth.

Has anything like that happened to anyone before? I like that camera a lot and it's never let me down to date. I'd hate to replace it, even with the same model (if I can get one in good working order, that is), as it's been so reliable the whole time. Don't have too much money either.

Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks, Judith

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration