Rate Post Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Rate this post by selecting a number. 1 is the worst and 5 is the best.

(Worst)    1    2    3    4    5     (Best)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

WernerJB

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Posted on Saturday, September 24, 2005 - 07:57 am:   

At present I am hooked on Fuicas, especially after the successful repair/ restoration of two previously wrecked Compact Deluxes. But the third specimen (the one that looks best !) turned out to be a real poser: why does the meter only work intermittently ? I thought I knew Fujicas like my pocket and started to dismantle it right after I had discovered that the culprit was one of the wires leading to the insulating block where the LDR (aka CdS cell) is soldered to. Basically and not considering the winding being done in south-east position, the camera's design is similar to that of the Fujica V 2 (thumb wheel focusing, lens construction), but as the devil is a busy man he made the internals of the Compact Deluxe be vexingly different: I cannot lift the lens carrier out even after removing what is usually necessary to do this, so I cannot give the wire the attention it probably needs. Does that mean I also have to remove the transport and release mechanism to get access to the flip side of the lens barrel ? Compared to this camera the G-III QL seems anything but difficult, so - before I accidentally trigger off this camera's self destruction mechanism - any help is thankfully appreciated !

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration