Rate Post Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Rate this post by selecting a number. 1 is the worst and 5 is the best.

(Worst)    1    2    3    4    5     (Best)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Kimbo

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Posted on Saturday, September 24, 2005 - 09:55 am:   

I've heard of OMs having problems with oil coating the electro-magnets, when the camera has been idle for prolonged periods. I suspect my 2SP has this problem - it hasn't been used for about 5 years!
The camera appears to function correctly in other respects but after firing the shutter a couple of times (to check that it was working), I loaded a film and only managed to wind to frame 1 before the whole thing seized up. I carefully opened the back and removed the film and there didn't seem to be a problem there.
The winding lever can now only be moved as far as the 30 degree stand-off position and the shutter will not fire - you can't press the button beyond the point that activates the meter!
The mirror is not locked up and the batts. are fresh. I also tried to release the shutter via the self-timer and with a cable release but to no avail.
At one point, I did suspect that the rewind button was jammed because it can only be pressed down about 1mm (it is almost flush with the housing) and I can't recall it's correct position. With the film loaded by spooling it by hand, the rewind button stays in that position but I thought it might pop up, it can however be pulled with forceps approx. 3mm but is spring-loaded and returns to it's former position when released.
The sprocket and take-up spools turn freely but nothing I've tried so far has solved the shutter / winder problem.

I've removed the front (vertical) piece of black shielding from inside the mirror box, to reveal some of the circuitry but am unsure of how to proceed. Do I need to remove the floor of the mirror box and if so, how?
Am I attempting to do the right thing, or way off base?

Many thanks for any suggestions and advice.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration