Rate Post Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Rate this post by selecting a number. 1 is the worst and 5 is the best.

(Worst)    1    2    3    4    5     (Best)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Jon A.

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Posted on Sunday, September 25, 2005 - 09:08 pm:   

I recently acquired a Topcon RE Super in fantastic condition. The only problem is that the 58mm f1.4 lens will not stop down when using the depth of field preview or taking a picture. I can take the lens off and see that the tab on the body moves. Also, I can move the corresponding tab on the lens and make it stop down. It does not take much effort. But I cannot make it work on the body. The condition of the body is so nice that it looks barely used and makes me think the lens has the problem. There is oil on the aperture blades, but they seem to move smoothly when I move the tab on the rear of the lens with my finger. Should I try and clean the aperture blades too? I do not want to mess with them unless they will eventually cause problems with the lens elements.

Also, the rubber focusing grip is falling apart. It is all soft and malleable. I'd like to remove it and replace it with something, any suggestions? Even cork tape would be an improvement. Thanks for the help!

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration