Rate Post Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Rate this post by selecting a number. 1 is the worst and 5 is the best.

(Worst)    1    2    3    4    5     (Best)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Paolo Amedeo

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Posted on Thursday, November 10, 2005 - 12:49 pm:   

As I have said, I am recollecting memories of a few years back... I wouldn't be surprised to be wrong... Most of the cameras I had to do were actually among the latest models, "Made in Singapore"...

Anyhow for what regards switching between the old 1.35V and the 1.5V batteries, in many cameras the difference in metering is less than 2 stops. Old central shutters lose some strength with the time and times get longer.

If you manage to get it back working yourself, I would suggest putting the PX-625 and test it following the indications of the light meter, plus some bracketing. Using slides it would be the best, since they are the most sensitive in terms of correct exposure...

A battery with higher tension would generally lead to underexposure. Slow shutter times would generally compensate it at least in times faster than 1/15 and, probably, it wouldn't be necessary any adjustment (or, if the light meter needs to be adjusted, you would now have the precise data of how much should it be adjusted)...

In no way the higher tension of a PX-625 could do any damage at the circuit.

Honestly, I don't remember 100% if in that particular model, the "circled needle" would move adjusting both times and opening or only with one of the two (I would bet times): if it is the latter, light-meter "inactivity" could be caused also by bad contacts on the resistors (simulating the diaphragms)...

Paolo

PS I am still not sure that the circuit wouldn't be interrupted by some switch: whoever has a "plain" Rollei 35 in their hands, could see if, by any chance, the light meter works even when the lens is retracted?

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration