Rate Post Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Rate this post by selecting a number. 1 is the worst and 5 is the best.

(Worst)    1    2    3    4    5     (Best)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Nikos

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Posted on Monday, November 07, 2005 - 08:06 pm:   

Hello everybody,
I am new in this forum and I need some help with a Leica R3. Trying to repair an apparently defective light meter mechanism I discovered that the culprit is the diaphragm ring (called so in the factory repair manual--PN 042-810.016-010). Somebody “repaired” this camera and installed the wrong diaphragm ring. The diaphragm ring has two tangs. One, points towards the mirror box and restricts the circular travel of the diaphragm ring to an arc of about 80 degrees by hitting appropriate stops located right and left of the midline. The other tang engages with the cam of the lens so the lens aperture information is conveyed to the ASA wiper cluster. Neither of the two tangs contacts its target with obvious results (dislocation of the “chord”, and inability to use the lens as designed). The lens I am testing the camera with is a Summicron 2/50 third cam lens. I can probably graft a T shaped tang to replace the lens engaging tang (the other one I have bent to good effect) but I would like to avoid this time consuming and eye straining exercise. My question is; how can I get a replacement ring? The Leica USA does not seem promising (I have not contacted them yet) but even if they were willing to sell me the part I would like to avoid them if at all possible.
Thank you all,
Nikos

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration