Rate Post Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Rate this post by selecting a number. 1 is the worst and 5 is the best.

(Worst)    1    2    3    4    5     (Best)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Phil Australia

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Posted on Wednesday, November 23, 2005 - 09:43 pm:   

Hi, I recently inherited a rolleiflex 2.8, serial #1442492 which I think dates it to 1953 and makes it a C ?.
Anyway, I have never owned or used a rolli before, just the regular Pentax and Canon, but I have managed to work out it's functions pretty well. It was equipped with a Rollekin 35 mm adaptor which I have removed so that I can use the 120 size film in it. I have tested all the various shutter speeds and they seem to be fine and the shutter action is firm. I have since loaded a roll of film to give it a test run but am having problems with the winding on. With the camera open and using an exposed film, I wound it on and it stopped at the right spot showing 1 in the window. I pressed the shutter and wound to the next one showing 2 and locking. pressed the shutter again and it repeated and all seems fine. However, when I close the back and try and run through the shooting winding procedure again, the number does not move on in the window as I wind and the winder is not locked to each frame and just keeps on winding and would go to the end of the film without a stop!!? This has really got me stumped. Anyone got any suggestions please.
Thanks Phil , Australia.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration