Rate Post Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Rate this post by selecting a number. 1 is the worst and 5 is the best.

(Worst)    1    2    3    4    5     (Best)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Helen

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Posted on Thursday, June 15, 2006 - 04:16 am:   

Apologies if this has been asked lots of times before, but I couldn't quite find what I was looking for.

I have a couple of OM-2n bodies on which the meter needle in the finder is reading slightly under 2 and and just under 3 stops slow, respectively. The 2-stop camera has other cosmetic faults so I decided to experiment and I think I found the adjuster, but want to be sure. The 3-stop error camera is much nicer, so I'm leaving it alone!

Having removed the top plate, I turned a small brass screw mounted on the end of a lever/cam which sits near the periphery of the base of the ASA/exposure compensation dial drum, at about 7 o'clock orientation to it, when viewed from the back of the camera. The lever is mounted on a larger, greyer screw near the back edge of the camera, whilst the one I adjusted (on the tip of this lever) is forward of that pivot screw, nearer the pentaprism.

Is this the right thing to adjust? It only seems to have a range of about 1 stop though, in moving the needle upwards. That was enough for the first camera. I want to be sure I wasn't adjusting any aspect of the auto metering at the same time (I'd hope not, but would like reassurance!).

Secondly, on reassembling the camera, I noticed that the junction between the upper edges of the black enamelled mirror box exterior, where they meet the front of the top plate, were previously lined with black foam to fill the tiny gap, which of course crumbled away. I can replace this, but noticed that on the shutter release side, through the gap I could just see a fine, bright-blue clad wire which wraps around the innards just there, from the ASA dial around the front of the pentaprism. No matter what I did, I could still see it when reassembled and am slightly concerned that it could be being pinched - it's hard to tell, and the wire could well normally be visible without the foam on top, being such a bright colour. It seems impossible to tuck it in further before reassembly. Anybody know how vulnerable it is to being pinched?

Thanks very much,

Helen

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration