Rate Post Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Rate this post by selecting a number. 1 is the worst and 5 is the best.

(Worst)    1    2    3    4    5     (Best)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

rick

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Posted on Thursday, June 15, 2006 - 06:17 pm:   

You are adjusting the right thing for the viewfinder display, and it has no effect on the autoexposure system which is totally separate including its own light cells and everything.

This is the FINE adjustment. The COARSE adjustment is done by loosening 3 lock screws and adjusting the position of a pulley, which is located UNDER the meter movement. Thankfully I have not had to do that, which means that I can't give you specifics about how to get to the little bugger.... but since it was made to be an adjustment point presumably it can be done.

I'm not comfortable with the idea of a wire being visible from outside when the camera is assembled... I don't see any gaps that would permit that in my OM2N. A pinched wire is one of the less pleasant modes of failure, since it can wait for some time to fail on you when you most need the camera and have forgotten how you disassembled it. I would go back and take another look at that.....

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration