Rate Post Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Rate this post by selecting a number. 1 is the worst and 5 is the best.

(Worst)    1    2    3    4    5     (Best)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Wernerjb
Tinkerer
Username: Wernerjb

Post Number: 205

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Posted on Tuesday, October 16, 2007 - 03:46 am:   

Meanwhile I have completed this project. I had to learn Exakta does not mean Exakta, or anything else.
The 1980's all-metal "Exakta" 28-200 zoom was marketed under different names, I have seen slightly different looking variants in all sorts of mounts (mainly PK though) and it was most probably made by Cosina (which doesn't mean anything either).
On my specimen it was possible to take off the PK bayonet components and replace them by Minolta SR/MD fitting parts. (Reqiures the removal of a depth-of-field cover ring, losening of six setscrews, chrome or mat black). A possibly gummed-up aperture module is easily accessible: #1: name ring removal, it is only glued on. #2: unscrewing the front lens group - round holes, not the long notches, these are for the front glass! #3: second lens group removal - this time it's the two-notched retainer ring, the round holes are for the front glass of that lens group. # 4: removal of two teflon coated guide screws - aperture module incl. the third lens group comes out as a whole through the front. The last lens group can be unscrewed from behind, and that is it. Further dismantling is only necessary for regreasing the heliciol or the macro facility (at the long end of the range).
Wide end infinity/flange distance adjustment is done by means of a turnable distance ring and the above mentioned six setscrews inside the mount, telefocus adjustment is done by turning the front lens group against a "sandwich" of three wavy spring collars.
I know of even a CZJ licensed version of this lens (saw one with a Canon mount). While this one (3.8/5.6 28-200) is a fine solid state lens of some optical performance, the newer all lightweight plastic version is not only optically different 3.5/5.6 28-200 but also mechanically very flimsily constructed crap.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration