Rate Post Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Rate this post by selecting a number. 1 is the worst and 5 is the best.

(Worst)    1    2    3    4    5     (Best)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Jcfn
Tinkerer
Username: Jcfn

Post Number: 4

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Posted on Thursday, January 25, 2007 - 09:34 am:   

Dear all

I have acquired an example of the earliest Electro which has a stuck shutter. I have tried solvent to loosen up the shutter blades but it did not work. Attached is a link to a photo of how far I have gone from the front of the lens.

http://uk.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/jcfngan/detail?.dir=/fc0ere2&.dnm=c2ffre2.jpg&. src=ph

To get inside the shutter I suspect I need to remove the 3 rings (highlighted by the green, blue and red arrows). My question is how do I do it? It looks like I can't remove the outer aluminium mode dial (red arrow) without removing the stainless steel inner ring (blue arrow) as the former has two contact bushes partially stuck under the latter. I have already removed all the lens elements from the front and have access to the shutter blades.

I have seen photos of how the shutter of later Electros (M Feuerbacher's site and the factory service manual of the Electro GTN) can be accessed but this earliest Electro is different from them.

Any help will be appreciated.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration