Rate Post Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Rate this post by selecting a number. 1 is the worst and 5 is the best.

(Worst)    1    2    3    4    5     (Best)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Robertj
Tinkerer
Username: Robertj

Post Number: 5

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Posted on Saturday, March 17, 2007 - 10:34 pm:   

The light meter problem was caused by the track on the trim pot being broken. Replaced that & now I have a functioning light meter again.
The camera has a Prontor 500LK shutter.
I took off the lens and noticed that the aperture blades didn't form a circle, I cleaned and reassembled it. However, when stopping down I see that a blade has jumped out again. I can't see any damage to the hinge or actuating pins and the base and actuating plate are flat. I'll reassemble & try again.
The shutter blades were stuck together with old grease and the self timer was jammed. Although this now seems to be working, I'd like to soak the shutter in lighter fluid. I can't remove the middle lens element & it looks to be coated. Is it safe to immerse the shutter with the element in place?
One last thing, when I reassemble, do I need to grease anywhere or should the whole thing be dry? I presume the factory used some grease, because it has got on to the shutter blades.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration