Rate Post Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Rate this post by selecting a number. 1 is the worst and 5 is the best.

(Worst)    1    2    3    4    5     (Best)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Proofblue
Tinkerer
Username: Proofblue

Post Number: 15

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Posted on Wednesday, February 28, 2007 - 05:12 pm:   

Hello chaps,
I've just got a Miranda Sensorex from one of the "swap zone" posts (as part of a bundle but I'm working on it first). It's my first repair as such, if you discount a few lens jobs and an Olympus Trip 35 overhaul (removal of lens, clean and reassemble etc.)

The camera is in a lovely cosmetic condition (or it was before I got my hands on it! :-P) except it doesn't wind on, or fire when the shutter release is pressed.

I started with the top and bottom covers, then the leatherette came off, then every scew I could see and now I'm deep in the bowels with a holey box with another box attached only with wires (the mirror/focussing assembly).

I can get the curtain to wind on by twiddling knobs at the bottom behind where the mirror would be, and I can fire it by poking around with a screwdriver in the complex assortment of gears around the film speed/exposure counter area.

However, does anyone have a diagram of which bits are not connecting properly as I'm rather worried about digging into the tiny little gears etc. around that area! I'm almost certain I can return all the other bits to their rightful places (I accidentally took off the cover for the clockwork self timer and all the tiny wheels fell out, but I got all those back in - phew!) but it would be nicer to be certain I'm moving the right part before proceeding! And a service manual makes tinkering that little bit less interesting (and costs something)!

I may post some pictures if anyone's interested. Thank you in advance for any replies (double thanks for useful help!) ;-) I particularly like the exciting slide-off viewfinder...magic!

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration