Rate Post Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Rate this post by selecting a number. 1 is the worst and 5 is the best.

(Worst)    1    2    3    4    5     (Best)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Kar
Tinkerer
Username: Kar

Post Number: 7

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Posted on Saturday, March 17, 2007 - 09:12 pm:   

Hello Alford.I have taken the front element off a few "original" Trip 35 and yes I know where you are comming from. The most reliable way I have found to set the focus again is through a part dismantle.What you need to do is disengage the mechanism from inside so that in effect you create a Bulb setting. Take the two front leatherette off,unscrew the base plate and top plate (take care with the top as there is a wire connecting the body to the hot shoe). Then unscrew the two front metal plates that were under the leatherette. Unscrew the metal plate on which the lens is mounted. From here you should be able to trace how the shutter works, wind up and fire the shutter a few times. What you are looking for is a metal disk about 10mm in diameter and on this disk is a nipple set off centre over which sits a metal arm, the slot in this arm fits over the nipple. This is what trips and resets the shutter. Unscrew the screw on the arm and you will then be able to remove the arm, doing this frees up the blades on the shutter so they can be opened. Hold open the mechanism NOT the shutter blades with blue-tak! Put the lens board back on,open the film door,tape some ground glass or similar to the film gate,set the lens to infinity then using the front element ONLY focus at infinity on the ground glass(you need good eyesight or a hand lens or loupe)When you get the correct focus screw the 3 grubscrews carefully back tight. Put everything back together again.
There must be an easier way to fix the focus I am sure, I have tried measuring from another Trip 35 and screwing the lens all the way: but this is what works for me.
It may be easier to go buy another Tip.
Lets hope someone on the forum has an easier fix.
All the best.
KAR.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration