Rate Post Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Rate this post by selecting a number. 1 is the worst and 5 is the best.

(Worst)    1    2    3    4    5     (Best)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Arnoldharris
Tinkerer
Username: Arnoldharris

Post Number: 17

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Posted on Monday, May 14, 2007 - 01:02 pm:   

I now have six Agfa Ambi-Silettes, with a seventh on which I intend to be the winning bidder on the eBay auction (by using an automated bidding system). Which will give me seven more or less identical Ambi-Silettes.

Things being what they apparently are, with this sole Japlish source of servicing information, I think I will take apart the only one of these cameras that has a jammed-up film advance and shutter release.

Then I will know exactly how to put it (and therefore all of them) back together again so that they not only will be cleaned, lubricated (or at least the star wheel and pallet in the Synchro-Compur shutters) and adjusted (if and where needed).

At which point, I will ditch the online Japlish text and write my own in English for the next such person in the English-speaking world who has to work on one of these.

Buddha apparently helps those who help themselves.

By the way, based on my experiences with Voigtlander Vitessa-Ts and Agfa Ambi-Silettes; if no service manuals or dis-assembly instructions are available from any known source, do yourselves a favor and select another make and model of these 50 years old cameras. Or you will just beat your heads against the well trying to decipher oriental hiroglyphics such as I've been trying to deal with here.

Thanks anyway, Pablo.

Arnold Harris
Mount Horeb WI

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration