Rate Post Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Rate this post by selecting a number. 1 is the worst and 5 is the best.

(Worst)    1    2    3    4    5     (Best)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

F16sunshyn
Tinkerer
Username: F16sunshyn

Post Number: 9

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Posted on Thursday, July 12, 2007 - 10:35 am:   

I really encourage you to pick up an old Yashica TLR. There are usually dozens available daily on Ebay. If you buy one from a seller who will allow return for nonfunction you are safe. The 124G is the latest model made with the best lens. It has a light meter but don't rely on it. We still use them in our shop to get folks to warm to camera. The fun classic looking design really gets people into the portraits. If you had the money I would still suggest a TLR. But maybe a Rollei w/planar lens. If twin lens does not appeal to you, take a look at Pentax. I also have a couple of 6x7's . These things are built like tanks. They are loud and heavy but there are some nice lenses available. The negative size is huge, super for landscapes. In over 20years, neither of the 2 bodies I have has had any problems. Still TLRs are more fun and take great photos. And they won't break the bank.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration